Tuesday, October 4, 2011

A Lapse In Blogstasticcary; A Half-Arsed Apology

  It would seem another of these has been floating through blogspace recently, so to tide you over until I can give you a proper bit of tomfoolery, here's this. 

A. Age: 21
B. Bed size: Queen, in dilapidated state of ancient ruin.
C. Chore that you hate: A dish- any dish, be it cup or knife or spork or paper plate. Just a big fat no. Hi Dad!
D. Dogs: We have two- one retriever (or lab? I'm not sure, they're Estelle's) and a GORGEOUS boerbull mix called tequila. Just the most stunning dog you'll ever see. And she talks better than your two-year old child, too.
E. Essential start to your day: After a long night dreaming of castle moats, floated mansions and being kidnapped by mermaids: a nice big cathartic pee.
F. Favorite color: Really interesting shades of rich, deep teal and aquamarine, or crisp blue and green turquoise colours.
G. Gold or Silver: White white white silver, or sinfully tarnished antique silver not to be cleaned.
H. Height: 5’8 (and a couple more inches in prayer)
I. Instruments you play: The two-fingered whistle.
J. Job title: Maker of things, Writer of yet other things, Organiser of adventure-game parties, Writer of some more things, Tutor of English, Singer of hallway karaoke when everyone else is out of the house, Owner of many cats and Lover of weird and useless little antique and second-hand artefacts.
K. Kids: Brenda is currently in possession of one of mine, but I'll let her keep him until he's past the diaper stage. And the virulent, spontaneous kotching stage(s).
L. Live: for baked pastries; whipped, sweetened cream; camembert, brie, danish blue cheese, feta, haloumi; sushi, bread in its many beguiling forms; tropica; fillet steak made the Birkenstock way; peppercorns- oh dear god this list could go on forever!
M. Mother’s name: Ingrid
N. Nicknames: Lol, (no really), Lolli pot (don't ask, that's my dad's), Snofferol
O. Overnight hospital stays: Three, I think, but I stand under the threat of correction. First to have my tonsils taken out when I was about 13 or 14- the doctor assured me the only real complication that could happen would be that about a week after they were taken out, they'd start bleeding, but to relax since he'd never had even one patient to whom this had happened. Guess what happened. Literally a week after they were extracted I woke up spitting out cups of blood, and I was rushed back to the hospital, where I stayed in a private room for like two days. The other was more recent, when I had to have my gallbladder taken out. Yeah, remind me to tell you sometime about my ongoing myriad health problems and the hilarity that ensues after each episode.
P. Pet peeves: People using the word "literally" to mean "superlatively figuratively". My finger nails touching the car. Tragically stupid people.
Q. Quote from a movie: All I ever wanted was to sing to God. He gave me that longing, and then He made me mute.” – Amadeus 
   Also
"Joe, I can categorically say you are not a bigger banana-head." - Empire Records
R. Right or left handed: Dexterous.
S. Siblings: One and a half- Sister Estelle and Brother-in-law-to-be Barend.
U. Underwear: Under where?
V. Vegetable you hate: I actually like most vegetables, but it's the cooking process that kills them for me. Give almost any veggie to me raw, and I'm happy. But yeah, broccoli.
W. What makes you run late: Not wanting to be where ever it is I need to be. My internal clock is wilful.
X. X-Rays you’ve had: Some just before the gallbladder was taken out, and other scans more recently for other things. (See? Plethora of Plaintiff Pains and Plasters)
Y. Yummy food that you make:  Orange and soy sauce glazed steak. Coconut and green curry rice with green beans, mushrooms, spinach and chicken. Whatever can be whipped together out of what's left in the kitchen for something sweet. Often, this means simply icing out of a cup.
Z. Zoo animal: My family, god love 'em.

(EDIT: Apologies for the formatting weirdness, I seem (in my infinite genius and doped-uped-ness (for migraines (I promise I'll tell you soon))) to have highlighted my whole post in a pale blue, and now find myself unable to set it back to transparent. Curses. Let's just call this a special post that shall forever remain pastel in hue to mark its uniqueness in a sea of mundanity. (Also: mundanity is not a word.)) 

1 comment:

  1. Love it, but by the way over the years Tequila just faded.. Her name's Keila, and the spelling is on purpose to break the 'i' comes before 'e' except after c rule...

    ReplyDelete